Congratulations on your new from Blame Vanity! We are committed to ensuring that every customer is fully satisfied with their purchase. Follow the maintenance instructions listed below for the best results.
UPON RECEIPT OF HAIR
Always inspect the hair before installing the hair. Leave the bundle intact. If there are any issues with the hair you should notice at this time.
Prior to the installation of your hair extensions, for extra protection from shedding, we recommend you seal your weft! It will eliminate shedding and add longevity to your investment.
Next,we highly recommend that you co-wash the hair (This is highly recommended for ALL 100% Virgin Hair.)
INSTRUCTIONS FOR VIRGIN HAIR
Our hair is 100% Virgin Hair and must be co-washed (washing hair with a moisturizing conditioner) in order to transform the hair from its raw state to beautiful hair that’s ready to install. Co-Wash the hair BEFORE you make changes to hair (color, perm, etc.).
Step 1.) Co-Wash the Hair
Step 2.) Rinse thoroughly with cold water
Step 3.) Scrunch up hair gently to reform curls.
Step 4.) Air Dry
Step 5.) Install
MAINTENANCE INSTRUCTION FOR ALL TEXTURES
- Shampoo or Cowash hair at least once a week. *Cowashing twice as often as shampooing helps hair last longer
- Use a shampoo no higher than PH 7. Use moisturizing/hydrating shampoo.
- Do NOT massage.
- Rinse thoroughly with lukewarm water.
- Apply conditioner and comb through with a wide tooth comb, starting with the ends working your way up you scalp.
- Rinse thoroughly.
- Let air dry.
- Use styling products minimally to avoid build up.
- For Wavy & Curly hair use a spray bottle of water for natural look.
- For a “WET” look, we suggest a leave in conditioner & water
- AVOID ALCOHOL BASED PRODUCTS TO AVOID DRYING OUT YOUR INVESTMENT!
- Dampen hair with a water bottle
- Comb through (wide tooth comb) beginning at the ends and working your way up to your scalp.
- Scrunch up hair gently to reform curls.
- Let hair air-dry.
- Style as desired.
Tight Curly Hair Maintenance
*Tight Curly Hair, and all curly textures, require more maintenance! If you do not have the patience to style this hair, and really take care of it to keep it looking its best, I’d suggest a lose curl or deep wave instead. If you go with the Tight Curly, your routine will be something like below:
- Seal the weft! Curly hair tends to have breakage. Especially if its not moisturized. Seal the wefts to make sure its harder for hair to slip loose, especially when sometimes you may be pulling to style or comp through.
- Cowash hair twice as much as you wash hair to maintain hair elasticity and smoothing. You should cowash at least once a week, wash and condition every two weeks.
- Make sure you comb or brush the nape of your neck. The hair back there s more susceptible to tangling as they curls start to entwine with each other as it rubs during the day. Detangle this area nightly. Waiting saves you time and money it will get extremly tangled, its harder to undo and you will get frustrated. Trust us, just go ahead and comb through nightly before tying you hair up to prolong the use and lessen stress and hair breakage.
- At night, section hair into 4 parts and do loose plats. Tie hair up with a silk scarf.
- Keep the hair moisturized. I suggest Shea Moisture Curl & Style Milk. Also, believe it or not, old school AfroSheen did a great job of misting and making it look healthy and moisturized. But don’t use too much cause that stuff is greasy with a capital “G”! Just a light finishing sprints is enough.
- When you detangle, saturate the hair with conditioner to soften. let it sit, then slowly section the hair and comb though working from ends to the top.
- If you wash you hair installed, wrap in a microfiber towel. It helps the hair dry faster. If you are washing bundles, laying them on a microfiber towel is also good It makes the hair so soft and really helps the curls stay defined.
- You can straighten it, but if you like straight styles more, I’d suggest another texture. The more you press it out, the more the hair will start to lose its curl pattern.
All of these tips are not meant to dissuade you from purchasing the tight curly texture, but as we want everyone to be happy with there purchase, these were techniques that seemed to work best.