Babassu oil is packed with vitamin E, antioxidants and fatty acids with a high concentration of lauric acid which offers anti-microbial, anti-fungal and anti-inflammatory properties. In addition to lauric acid, it is also composed of other fatty acids including myristic, oleic, stearic and palmitic acids. Due to the healing properties, Babassu is used for medicinal purposes. According to NCBI, the mesocarp derived from the Babassu tree is used among communities of Babassu nut breakers for the treatment of different diseases such as rheumatism, ulcers, inflammatory conditions and for treating wounds. On your natural hair ithelps to fight breakage without the greasy feeling of coconut oil, and without clogging your pores. .
8 Skin Benefits
- Fights acne – because of its natural anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties, Babassu targets acne. The nourishing oil helps to promote healing of acne-related scarring.
- Brings relief to dry and itchy skin irritations such as eczema and psoriasis.
- Soothes scalp – alleviates dandruff and brings relief to dry, itchy scalp.
- Softens cuticles and cracked heels.
- Conditions hair – add to hair conditioner or use as a leave-in for dry ends.
- Reduces inflammation and redness from bug bites, mild burns, rashes and rosacea.
- Relieves sunburn – Babassu is naturally cooling, making it a great after-sun exposure treatment.
- Used in the preparation of treatments for toenail fungus and athlete’s foot.